I recently met a very good friend from ten years, some days ago and we got talking. We had not been in contact for a long time until we bumped into each other in Maitama, Abuja, F.C.T Nigeria.
In what would look like a long catch up, he briefed me on his experiences with women and relationships thus far. I found rather funny his complaint about how women make too many rules for men. In an obvious retaliation, he said he had also come up with some “taboos” for women. His perspective and arguably that of many other men are expressed below.
I know women would come at me for this but this is me expressing the mind of my friend which ordinarily, we would not say just to protect your egos and maybe keep the love going.
- Do not wear a vest or sleeveless top without shaving the hair under your armpits or without a bra underneath. Come on, it is not too much of a good sight to behold.
- Do not leave cheap nails to wear off on its own, there’s a reason why nail polish removers are sold in markets. If you do not patronize them, please how are they supposed to be in business?
- If you can’t afford good quality weaves, don’t bother. We perfectly understand the hair the way it is.
- Do not fix artificial nails that makes you look like a dragon queen, being simple is always sexy.
- See-through leggings on a top used as a dress when you are out in public is a hell-to-the-no! I wonder how some men know what women should wear more than women themselves but it is understandable.
- Never do things for a man with the hope of getting something in return. Expectations are dangerous. Do it because you simply want to and not for what you hope to get in return.
- Never contradict what your man says in public. Give us that respect and correct us in private. It is more about our ego than anything else.
- Never stalk a man that left you for another woman. If he loved you that much, he would have stayed glued to you.
- Do not share your best friend’s personal life with every Tom, Dick and Harry. You were trusted with that piece of information and it is important you keep it no matter what.
- Women should never act on distress in relationships like checking your man’s phone, nagging him to death, and acting like a paranoid freak. Its funny how you think you are doing it to protect your relationship when in the real sense, you are simply exposing him to someone.
PART II TO BE PUBLISHED SOON.